Thursday, January 8, 2009

What's Your Guidance System?


My guidance system? In my car, it's a Garmin Nuvi 760. It's an awesome piece of technology.

If you're not familiar with the brand Garmin, let me tell you about it. It's a portable GPS. And it has an expandable SD Card slot. And its got bluetooth. And it's just plain awesome.

I've been test driving this thing since around Christmas time, and I have to say, I don't know how I got around without it before.

This amazing piece of technology shows me where I am in relation to where I'm going. On top of that, it gives me turn-by-turn directions and tells me how to get there! "Turn right in 500 feet." Simply amazing!

Friends, I have a question for you. In your life, where do you find your guidance? Did you know that there is a pre-mapped guidance system already in place for you?

No, I'm not talking about a Garmin GPS... I'm talking about something even better.

We have as a gift from God something called the Bible. Amazingly, it outlines in great detail directions to a worthy destination. In it you'll find a superior path, and a renewed purpose.

If you know that you're in need of a course change today, why not pick up a copy? Invest a little time in it and you'll find a better route to an outlook on life that'll be breathtakingly beautiful.

Like me with my Garmin, you'll be asking yourself how you got along without it before.

"Every part of Scripture is God-breathed and useful one way or another- showing us truth, exposing our rebellion, correcting our mistakes, training us to live God's way." 2Timothy16 TM

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Very well written. He has given you a unique gift of insight.

Pastor's Perspective said...

Really liked this Clint! You're right Shea, bridging the real world with biblical truths is a STRONG gift he has. Keep usin it Bro!