Saturday, November 8, 2008

Revealed!


So one of my dogs has been doing something sneaky lately and it's been upsetting me a little. When no one is around, the little punk-butt has been marking his territory in the house. If that little terrier thinks that he can get away with peeing on my stuff because no on is around to see him do it, he's got another thing coming! Of course smelling the evidence was easy, but finding all the little corners to clean up was another matter- until I recruited the use of a black light.

Did you know that a black light reveals a lot of things? I walked around with that black light in the dark and it was like all my dog's dirty little secrets were revealed! Ha! So busted. So gross...

But you know what? I forgive my pup. After all, I have my own faults. And heck, if I'm not blameless, I sure can't hold a dog to be. The truth is that I fall short and so do all of we. We may not urinate around the house, but we all have our things that we don't want people to know. But the truth is, God has His own 'black light'. He knows.

Despite this, I praise God that He is a most patient, most merciful, and most loving God. His forgiveness and power to redeem is nothing short of amazing. Friends, if you have a sin that you are struggling with, seek help and seek Him. You'll find that coming to repentance in the light is far better than living with guilt in the dark.

"There is nothing concealed that will not be disclosed, or hidden that will not be made known. What you have said in the dark will be heard in the daylight, and what you have whispered in the ear in the inner rooms will be proclaimed from the roofs." Luke 12:2-3

1 comment:

Gena said...

I love this post! I am getting old but I'm not peeing on the furniture just yet!!! Still I am thankful for God's wonderful grace and forgivness, for I have nevertheless failed. Nice to meet you Clint. God Bless you